During this time of COVID-19, Banyule Youth Services are here to support the local Banyule community of young people & their families.
If you require emergency support, please head to our emergency page here: https://www.banyuleyouth.com/emergency-info
For general information about COVID-19, social distancing & local services, please head to this page: https://www.banyuleyouth.com/coping-stress-related-covid-19
Our Youth Workers are available to provide a range of support to young people, parents and carers. Support options include regular information, advice and tips straight to your Inbox via email, Facebook, Instagram or text messages or we can chat to you over the phone, video call or message to support you during this time. Please fill in our Expression of Interest to connect with Banyule's Youth team to indicate what kind of support you would like.
One on one sessions with a youth worker via phone or video calls are available to support you with:
- Practical wellbeing strategies
- Keeping busy whilst social distancing
- General support and referral (support is not suitable for acute or crisis care)
Session bookings for one on one chats can be made Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm by emailing email@example.com, calling 94579855 or filling in our Expression of Interest to connect with Banyule's Youth team
More information about Individual Support options can be found here.
Banyule Youth Portal - Keeping connected from home
We have been working hard on creating an exciting new Youth Portal that can be found here on our website: www.banyuleyouth.com/banyule-youth-portal
This portal has a range of support and resource options for young people, families and workers and will be updated frequently with new things to do. This is a great place to find things to do during this time. If you have suggestions for things we could add to these pages then please let us know
- Support for young people coping with stress related to Covid-19 – this has a series of online resources for young people dealing with stress during this period
- Support for young people with a disability – resources and support for young people with a disability with resources for supporting them throughout the COVID-19 period.
- Support for Parents & Carers –This page is designed to support parents and carers with information and resources to support their young people during COVID-19
- Support for CALD communities – COVID-19 information for culturally diverse communities
- Support for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities – information and resources for first supporting nations peoples during the COVID-19 period
- Local Service availability during COVID-19 – this resource will be updated fortnightly with current service availability of local services during COVID-19 and will include an emergency and material aid listing.
Wellbeing & Self Care - Advice, tips and activities to promote positive self-care for young people
Free fun online things to do from home – a list of all the free fantastic things you can do while you’re at home
Food & Fitness – This page is designed to give you heaps of great tips and ideas on how you can take care of your health by eating well, getting creative in the kitchen and keep moving while you are self-isolating
Art at home- Get creative with these ideas and resources
Online Training – a range of free online training for everyone
Youth Work Professionals - This page is designed for people who work with young people to share information, resources, networking and online training opportunities for professionals
Banyule Youth Services Programming
All Banyule Youth Services staff (including Jets) are now working from home however we are continuing our program delivery using a series of online platforms. If you know of a young person who might benefit from joining one of our groups please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The groups we are running include FReeZA Events Management Crew, Rainbow Space LGBTIQ+ Group, Music Group, Art Crew and New Hope Hip Hop & Street Art Crew. Programs are meeting once per week via Video Chat. They also have Facebook and Message groups you can join to chat during the week.
See more information about programming here: https://www.banyuleyouth.com/jets-crew-member-programs
Support for Schools and Studying at Home
We are currently working to provide online resources in our Youth Portal to support people to work from home. We will be working with teachers at local secondary schools to support students who are studying from home during Term 2. We are offering our free 30-minute Individual Support sessions to young people from local schools and their families. If you are from a local secondary school, please get in contact with us to organise a time to chat about how our service can support you during this time.
Banyule Council facilities & Services:
For more information on broader council services https://www.banyule.vic.gov.au/News-items/Service-updates-and-cancellations
The Banyule Youth Services team is committed to continuing to support our community during these difficult times. Please call us on 9457 9855 or email email@example.com if you would like to discuss something or book in a time to catch up with a youth worker online or over the phone