Work Experience & Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) at Jets
Young people can gain valuable experience in the creative industries through a range of available programs and activities.
Work Experience & SWL
For interested students in years 9-12. Placement is completed in either block form (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in one week) or as one day a week placements over a term. Placement can be for an individual or in small groups of around four students at a time, booking is essential.
While completing a placement at Jets you may find yourself doing things such as:
- Helping out at live music events
- Assisting with the delivery of youth programs that could include film, animation, drama, painting or photography.
- Helping in the office with administration tasks.
- Helping around the facility with basic maintenance tasks.
Key personal attributes for potential placements:
- Creative & Fun
- Open to trying new things
- A positive altitude for working with people of different abilities
- Non judgmental and Accepting of all people.
Jets is a fully inclusive space and we welcome all young people. We ask that young people and community who access this space respect the Jets culture, the space and all who access Jets. Jets also a smoke, drug and alcohol free space.
Please note: We are only able to offer work experience placements within these times, often schools can be flexible with dates ask you work experience teacher/school.
To apply please follow the three following steps:
1: Send a copy of your C.V and cover letter to Simon.Eszeky@banyule.vic.gov.au
2: Complete our online application form here
3: Call Simon Eszeky to make an interview time 03 9098 8000
You can apply for work experience with our broader youth team at Greensborough throughout the year.