What is Jets?
Jets is a multifunctional creative arts youth facility that delivers a range of programs and activities for young people in and around Banyule. Part of Banyule City Council Youth Services; Jets, provides training in and access to a range of professional music and multimedia equipment, facilitates creative arts workshops and coordinates a number of events in the local community, including the annual Banyule Youth Festival.
Values & Mission Statement
The focus of Jets is to provide a safe place for young people of all backgrounds and abilities to build personal and technical skills, promote social connectedness and encourage self-expression through music and the arts. Jets work with young people aged 12 through to 25 and encourage connections between young people from different backgrounds and abilities.
At Jets we are focused on Jets groups being safe, accessible & positive spaces for all young people!!!
For your consideration:
- Private Information: All participants personal contact details are PRIVATE and are not shared with other people or services.
- Photography: All participants at Jets will be required to give their consent when having photographs taken, and told when images are shared on social media, Banyule Youth Services (BYS) website or in any BYS / Jets publications.
- Jets Induction: Jets have clear rules and expectations around what is considered 'Jets appropriate behaviour'. This expectation is upheld through the culture at Jets where inclusion and respect are paramount. All young people are required to attend induction.
- Jets Online: In these sessions all participants will be facilitated by at least one staff member at any given time, with a second present for a part of the session.
- Jets face to face: In these sessions all participants will be facilitated by a minimum of 2 staff members at all times.
For more information and services to support for you and your young person please CLICK HERE
Jets Staff Team
All Jets groups are facilitated and supervised by youth workers with current working with children’s checks. All staff are skilled facilitators and many hold dual accreditation in the creative arts industry.
Keeping you safe & supported:
All BYS Staff have official Banyule Youth Facebook Profiles. BYS professional Facebook profiles are inline with BYS social media policy. Jets programs usually have Facebook groups for staff to share information & check in with participants (it is not mandatory for participants to join a Facebook group). As part of our induction process we cover appropriate expectations of safe social media behaviours. Staff monitor conversations and respond as required. If you become aware of content or conversations that are inappropriate, please notify staff immediately.
If you’d like more information about how to stay safe online click HERE
You can contact Jets to chat with one of our Youth Workers, to access the facility & to find out about all things Jets. Want to know more about Jets groups & opportunities? Learn about Jets Crew Member groups & activities HERE
Need support? Our Youth Workers can help you to get in touch with other supports or organisations. Check out how we can support you HERE
Jets Creative Arts Facility
Address: 2/24 The Concord Bundoora
Phone: 9098 8000
Mobile: 0411 267 427
Opening Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm (Monday to Friday) Group Times: All groups are facilitated from 4pm, Monday - Thursday face to face & online.
Find us on social media: