Banyule Nillumbik Youth Services Network (BNYSN)
The Banyule Nillumbik Youth Services Network (BNYSN) is the major connecting body for youth services across the region, covering a breadth of issues affecting young people, and including workers across of range of fields who engage with and support young people.
Alongside Nillumbik Youth Services, Banyule lead and support the network under the guidance of the Executive group which has a membership of over 15 agencies. The Executive group meet monthly for high level networking, strategic planning and advocacy to different levels of government for the benefit of young people and the workers who support them. For contact with the Executive group please contact us 9457 9855 or email email@example.com
BNYSN COVID-19 Sector Consultation Report
BNYSN conducted a sector consultation which explored the impacts COVID-19 has had on local service delivery and common trends services found when it came to young people, access to services and methods of engagement. You can download the full report below.
FREE Training! BNYSN Youth Worker Forum - The Resilience Project
SECOND ROUND OF TICKETS RELEASED!! Limited extra spaces have been added for this online event. Get in quick to secure your spot. This event is now open to the whole community.
The Resilience Project delivers emotionally engaging programs which are evidence based and focused on practical approaches to build resilience and happiness. The Resilience Project focuses their program on 3 strategies:
- Gratitude - Appreciating what you have, not begrudging what you don’t.
- Empathy - Thinking of the needs of others/ kindness.
- Mindfulness - Being present in the moment, not becoming distracted by unhelpful or negative thoughts.
During this presentation, Martin will share his experiences and combine them with practical strategies that can be implemented everyday to improve our overall wellbeing. This session will not only increase your skills and knowledge as a practioner, youth worker, teacher or parent in supporting young people, but also enhance your own personal resilience.
Youth worker forums and other opportunities
The BNYSN provides great FREE or low cost opportunities for workers on the ground to increase skills, network and share information. If you have other ideas of how we can help you please get in touch. Registrations for all events can be found here http://bnysn.eventbrite.com/
- BNYSN Youth Worker Forums are held at least 4 times a year, including professional development and networking opportunities. Topics for the sessions reflect the presenting challenges and emerging trends of the Banyule and Nillumbik area to respond to the needs of workers.
- Hit The Ground Running is a full day program, run 3 times a year, to induct new workers into our area. A great opportunity to introduce workers to 10+ local services and includes lunch, networking and reflective activities.
- BNYSN Yammer group is a social media platform with over 400 members from Banyule, Nillumbik and surrounds who promote, share, ask questions and connect.
- E-newsletter will now be delivered quarterly and will include updates from the network, handy tips, member bio’s and more. Sign up here below