Banyule Community Health Centre - Aboriginal Health Team (BHATS)
BHATS has a team of four Aboriginal staff who:
- assist in running programs and groups locally
- have some time committed to provide help with case management, link with health services and provide advocacy to assist you get back on your feet or assist you to solve problems. We can't guarantee everything but will do our best. BHATS takes the view that through culture we can improve and strengthen ourselves, our families and community. We spend a lot of time committing to communal opportunities to participate in cultural activities through the:
- Youth mentoring program
- Community development activities. Such as: Food bank, family days.
21 Alamein Road, West Heidelberg
Ph: 9450 2015
Vibe Australia provides Aboriginal and Torres Straits Islander communities with a wide range of services via the internet including information on healthy living.
The Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES)
The Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES) has 13 years experience in the industry. They are a 100 % Indigenous managed, National, not for profit Recruitment Company School Based Traineeships available For Indigenous VCE / VCAL students For further information please contact the AES
Ph: 8669 1500
Victorian Aboriginal Health Service (VAHS)
The VAHS provides a variety of medical services including dental, maternal health, child health and audiology. VAHS also provides community programs including active elders programs, boorai classes, gym, hydrotherapy, diabetes club, HACC, family violence, men’s health and the Koori community kitchen.
186 Nicholson Street
Fitzroy, VIC, 3065
Ph: 9419 3000
Family Counselling Service located at:
238-250 Plenty Road
Preston, VIC, 3072
Ph: 9403 3300
VACCA (Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency)
VACCA is the lead Aboriginal child and family welfare organisation in Victoria, protecting and promoting the rights of Aboriginal children and young people. We provide programs and services to reinforce Aboriginal culture and encourage best parenting practices, and advise government in relation to child abuse and neglect in the Aboriginal community.
- Aboriginal Therapeutic Residential Care
- Kinship Care
- Koori Cultural Support Program
- Family Coaching
- Aboriginal Restorations
- Aboriginal family decision making
- Cultural support planning
- The Lakidjeka Aboriginal Child Specialist and Support Service (ACSASS) Program
- Training and Development Programs