National Youth Week Young Member 2012 - applications are now open
The Office for Youth is seeking applications for the National Youth Week 2012 Victorian Young Member position.
National Youth Week (NYW) is an annual event that is held across Australia to celebrate and recognise the value and contribution of young Australians to their communities by giving them an opportunity to express their ideas and opinions.
The Young Member position is a great opportunity for a person aged between 16 and 25 years to represent Victoria on the NYW National Planning Group and as the Victorian Media spokesperson.
During the term of this volunteer position the Young Member will:
- Contribute to discussions on the NYW theme, marketing and promotional strategies and program development through the National Planning
- Group (NPG); Travel interstate to attend NPG planning and review sessions and training as required;
- Participate in media training (including a photo shoot for the NYW website) and feature in a television advertisement for NYW to be held in one of Australia's capital cities;
- Participate in the assessment process for National Youth Week grants for events across Victoria;
- Participate in discussions with the NYW Project Officer and other project partners regarding the planning of NYW Victorian State celebration; and
- Represent young Victorians through media opportunities and attend events leading up to, and during NYW.
The National Youth Week 2012 Victorian Young Member - Position Description and Key Selection Criteria are attached.
Applications are open until 5pm on Friday 1 July 2011
For further information please call the Georgina Snaddon at the Office for Youth on 9935 3031.